Have you seen the inspiring blogger award that’s been going around site-to-site? I noticed recently that some sewing bloggers I follow had been nominated and then lo and behold, I was nominated by Miss Davy Made!
Thank you so much for nominating me! It totally made my day.
If you haven’t checked out Davy Made‘s blog yet, I highly encourage you to do so.
She’s a bad ass chick sewing it up in Birmingham, Alabama. What I admire most about her is that she’s self-taught (like me) and she’s steadfastly determined to achieve greatness with her sewing skills. She’s put together her own self-taught course called Davy College, where she will be immersing herself in the same textbooks and classes that design students take. You rock!
The rules of the inspiring blogger award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Display the award logo in a blog entry.
- List the award guidelines so your nominees will know what to do.
- State 7 hidden facts about yourself OR 3 things that inspire you.
- Nominate other blogger friends for the award.
Seven Secret Facts About Me:
These seven tidbits aren’t exactly secret, but they might be to you:
- I am a public defender
- I started sewing about 4 1/2 years ago. I was in my second year of law school and I got tired of studying one day so I made an impulsive decision to buy a sewing machine from Wal-Mart and start sewing. I did this all so that I would have something to distract myself from studying, and then I really fell in love with sewing.
- I am half Ecuadorian.
- I drive a stick-shift Miata.
- I like to play video games
- I hate cooking
- I moved to Lexington, KY a couple of years ago when my boyfriend got accepted into UK’s phd program for psychology. We moved here from Minneapolis. I’m looking forward to him finishing up his program so we can move to a big city again, one preferably with fabric stores other than Hancock and Joann’s.
And now for the fun part! I’m nominating 3 other bloggers for the Inspiring Blogger Award:
I first saw Hila’s makes over at The Monthly Stitch. My favorite part about her blog are her photos! Photographing your own makes can sometimes get static. I run out of ideas on where to photograph and poses to strike. But Hila’s photos are always fun and have a lot of movement to them. On top of that, she’s a badass seamstress. She has a laid-back easy style. Also, I can’t believe she is a mother of 5! She doesn’t look a day over 17. I thought she was a teenager until I read her bio section.
This is another blogger I discovered through the Monthly Stitch. I’ve been following her blog for a few months now and I really dig it. In addition to her cool sewing projects, I enjoy her writing style. She’s funny. A lot of times I just skim through blog posts and check out the final photos. Not here, though. She’s got a good sense of humor. Also, she includes a lot of tutorials or “in progress” photos and descriptions, which is really helpful.
Lastly, I nominate Elle Gee Makes, another Monthly Stitch contributor. She adds her own twist to cool and classic styles. She really has her own sense of personal style. Also, she always has thoughtful and supportive things to say about my projects. I only wish she’d make the images on her blog larger so that I can get a better look at all of the beautiful things she makes.
Please check out everyone’s blog and remember to pay it forward if you’ve been nominated! Let’s keep this circle of love and mutual flattery going strong